Monday, April 30, 2007

I've commented. And you?

Following these easy instructions, I left my comments on the Real ID Act today. It wasn't hard. It took a few minutes to type my thoughts, but the regulations.gov site is quite easy to use and the process couldn't have been much easier.

PLUS… I mean, really now… it's the right thing to do. The way I figure it, we can all be part of this process, or we can let an opportunity to speak up slip away. And why should we? Yes, it's easier NOT to comment… … NOT to make the effort… NOT to feel like you've emerged from the safety of a turtle shell. But where's the good in that? Everyone, on both sides of this issue, should leave comments or attend tomorrow's Town Hall or send in good, solid questions via email. Not only is it our chance to speak, it's our responsibility.

And speaking for myself now that I've commented… I have to tell you it feels good.

I'd love to hear if you've commented, or if you've had a different reaction than I have. Commenting closes on May 8th, so you still have time. And honestly… what are you waiting for?

No comments: